ABA Criminal Law Committee Spring Report 2016
ABA SOLO, SMALL FIRM AND GENERAL PRACTICE DIVISION
COUNCIL AGENDA REPORT FORM – SPRING MEETING 2016
Division Name and Number: Division: 3 – Practice Specialty
Division Director Name: Christine Albano email@example.com
Group Name: Litigation Group
Reporting Board or Committee: ABA Criminal Law Committee Report
Completed By: Kenneth Vercammen Co-Chair, Edison, NJ
1. What has your committee or board done since its last report (e.g., conference call, meetings, publications, use of discussion lists, planning for CLE programs, publications and articles, collaboration with other committees, boards or sections, etc.)?
-Email to member
-Help sales & Publicize ABA “Criminal Law Forms” Book to generate revenue for Solo Division
The ABAS’ CRIMINAL LAW FORMS book
New book from the American Bar Association
Solo & Small Firm Division Author: Kenneth Vercammen
Use Criminal Law Forms to help represent persons charged with criminal and traffic offenses. Detailed instruction and valuable insight is offered beginning with the initial contact with the client, to walking into the courthouse, and managing the steps that follow. Two hundred and ten modifiable forms help make criminal lawyers more efficient and productive, while also reducing the chance for mistakes. GP SOLO Member Price $129.95 To order contact ABA Customer Care, 1-800-285-2221 321 N. Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60653 or fax to 312-988-6030 (PC: 5150457) ISBN: 978-1-61438-879-1
-Also posted some forms and materials from the recent NJ State Bar seminar Handling Drug, DWI and Serious Traffic Cases on the web for use by ABA members
2. What is the status of your committee or board’s business plan for the year (e.g., participation of committee board members, goals achieved, new goals, etc.)?
Excellent. Ken V will be Spring Key West meeting and available to discuss issues with all GP solo members.
3. Does your committee or board need any assistance from your Director, Staff, Division Officers, or Council? If yes, please explain: Help market the Criminal law Forms book which generate revenue for the Division
4. Report on anything else: Ken V wishes to be re-appointed for 2016-17
6. Are you submitting an action item to be presented to Council? If so, please describe: no